1. Which buses can I take with my Niagara College U-Pass

All eligible students can ride Welland Transit, Niagara Falls Transit, St. Catharines Transit, Regional Transit, Port Colborne Transit, Fort Erie Transit, Pelham Transit, Niagara-on-the-Lake Transit and the Niagara Falls Campus Shuttle with their U-Pass.

  1. How much does a U-Pass cost me?

For majority of full-time students, the U-Pass is included in your College fees. For students wishing to purchase the U-Pass cost is $140/semester.

  1. How did the students at Niagara College decide to implement the U-Pass?

In 2007, SAC held a referendum where the students at Niagara College approved a mandatory fee for a Universal Bus Pass that can be used on transit systems in the Niagara Region.

  1. Where can I find transit routes?

Routes to campus can be found on our website. There are also paper copies of campus routes at the SAC office. Inner city routes can be found on the websites of our transit partners.

  1. How do I get my U-Pass?

Students can visit the SAC office to obtain their U-Pass sticker. You must have your student card. We will verify if you have paid your U-Pass fee.

  1. What happens if I lose my student card?

If you have lost your student card, you’ll need to visit Enrollment Services to obtain a new student card. From there, you can visit the SAC office to purchase a new U-Pass sticker.

  1. Is there a fee for replacing my U-Pass sticker?

Students that have lost their student cards and need a replacement U-Pass sticker will be charged a $20 fee for the first replacement, $60 for the second replacement and the full U-Pass fee for replacement stickers thereafter.

  1. What if I have early morning/late night classes?

We have worked through a number of scheduling changes this year with our transit partners to provide earlier morning and later night services. If you find that you cannot get home after your evening classes or buses are too crowded on morning routes, please contact the SAC office to express your concerns.

  1. Can I opt-out of the U-Pass?

The U-Pass is a mandatory fee that all full-time students pay at Niagara College and cannot be refunded. We highly encourage all students to pick-up a U-Pass sticker even if they drive to campus. It’s a valuable tool if your car breaks down or if you’re out and about with friends.

  1. Do I need to pick-up a new U-Pass sticker in January if I began my program in September?

Students that started their program in September do not need to pick-up a new U-Pass sticker in January. The U-Pass sticker for September start students is valid until April 30th.

  1. I started my program in January. Do I need to pick-up a new sticker for the summer semester?

Students that have started their program in January and are continuing full-time studies throughout the summer are eligible for a Summer U-Pass, which can be picked up at the SAC office after April 30th.

  1. Do all students get a U-Pass in the summer?

Only students that are enrolled full-time in summer classes, on co-op, apprenticeship or internship are eligible to pick-up a Summer U-Pass sticker.

  1. How do I prove that I am in a co-op, internship or apprenticeship?

Students who are in co-op, internship or apprenticeship need to get a short letter written by their program coordinator which confirms they are in a co-op, internship or apprenticeship. The student must bring that letter to the Registrar’s office before being able to purchase a summer U-Pass.

  1. What should I do if I have a complaint about the U-Pass service?

All students with U-Pass concerns are encouraged to fill out a U-Pass complaint form at the SAC office. A SAC Representative will follow-up within five (5) business days of the formal complaint.